Zen West Weekly Schedule
- Location: 981 Fillmore St. Jefferson west Eugene neighborhood near 11th and Chambers. Please contact us for directions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking: Our street has very limited parking on the east side of the street. Please respect the neighborhood by parking on another block and walking to the house. Carpooling, biking, public transportation and walking are encouraged.
- Day/Time: Thursday evenings 7:00—8:30 PM.
- Cost: Free to the public, donations to cover expenses gratefully received.
Thursday Evening Schedule
- 7:00 Zazen (sitting meditation) – Orientation for Newcomers
- 7:20 Kinhin (slow walking meditation)
- 7:30 Zazen
- 7:45 Service/Recitation
- 8:00 Dharma Talk & Discussion
Beginners are welcome. If it is your first time attending Zen West~Empty Field, there is a brief orientation to practice with us from 7-7:20 PM on Thursdays, after which participants can join the group. Let the greeter know it is your first time attending. Here is a link to our customary practices and dress recommendations for the zendo.
Sitting meditation (zazen) involves finding a position of stillness and ease. Meditation can be done on a cushion, a bench or in a chair, which we have in the zendo. Regardless of the posture you take, it’s important you find one you can maintain for 20-30 minutes without movement.
If you arrive after meditation has begun, please enter quietly at the beginning of the next activity such as kinhin, zazen, service or the dharma talk.
Don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.